Mike was always a self-driven creator, developing TI-83 apps for his classmates to keep track of their grades from an early age. He spent a lot of time “head in in the clouds, making things.” It is no surprise then, that he eventually found that self-employment was the right fit after several years of trying to make it work in the corporate world.
Mike and I dive into his path in which he slowly made sense of the fact that it was time to take the leap to self-employment. As he was about to take the leap, his company ended up laying him off anyway. Reflecting back, he has found many valuable lessons in his journey and has brought these together in a self-published a workbook called Clear Path Forward. The workbook helps people re-assess their relationship with work. We talk about the process he took to publish the book and where he sees his work taking him over the next couple of years.
He now lives and works around the tagline “making business more human” which he is using to run workshops with clients and have deep conversations with people around what really matters.
Books That Influences Mike (That We Discuss)
- The Alchemist
- Living Beautifully
- The War of Art
- So You Want To Talk About Race
- Daring Greatly
Connect With Mike:
- Personal Blog — Link
- Business — Enjoy Humanity
- Workbook — Clear Path Forward
- Download a Free Worksheet — Link
- Offer: 25% off either edition of Clear Path Forward with code “Boundless” — Link
For More With Boundless:
- Consider supporting the podcast on Patreon
- Join 110+ People Carving Their Own Paths In The Slack Community
- Set Up A Curiosity Conversation With Paul
- Join The Free 3-Week Self-Employment Challenge
- Sign up For The Strategy Toolkit – Learn The Secrets Of Strategy Consulting